As a parent, you are aware of the significance of closeness to your child’s growth and wellbeing. Yet, selecting the best carrier might be overwhelming given the abundance of possibilities. Have you given a stretchy wrap any thought? Australia has seen a rise in popularity of this adaptable and comfy choice, and for good cause. In this blog post, we’ll look at the advantages of adopting a stretchy wrap for baby wearing in Australia, including its convenience and capacity to foster parent-child bonds. So let’s get started!
A Stretchy Wrap: What Is It?
A style of baby carrier fashioned from a flexible material is called a stretchy wrap. Two long pieces of fabric are wrapped around the body and fastened to be worn around the waist. Stretchy wraps can be tightened or loosened to fit the wearer’s body because they are adaptable.
In Australia, stretchy wraps are a common choice for baby wearing since they are cosy, supportive, and simple to use. From birth to about six months, or until your child is able to sit up without assistance, they can be used.
The majority of stretchy wraps have an integrated hood that doubles as a nursing cover and provides protection from the sun and wind. For added coverage when nursing in public, some brands additionally provide an additional piece of cloth that can be utilised as a modesty panel.
The Many Stretchy Wrap Styles
There are numerous varieties of stretchable wraps available. The Moby Wrap, the Solly Baby Wrap, and the Bamberly Baby Wrap are the most well-liked varieties.
In comparison to the other two choices, the Moby Wrap is composed of 100% cotton and has a little more give. This makes it perfect for snuggly encircling your body without feeling overly restricting.
The viscose fabric used to make the Solly Baby Wrap has a little more give than cotton. Because it’s a little bit cooler to wear, it’s perfect for hot summer days. Also, it is available in a number of hues and designs!
Compared to the other two materials, linen, which makes up the Bamberly Baby Wrap, is a little less stretchable. But because linen is so robust and long-lasting, you may use this wrap to transport your child all day.
Using a Stretchy Wrap
To keep your infant close while freeing up your hands, use a flexible wrap. Here are some pointers for using a stretchy wrap:
- Choose the appropriate wrap size. The scarf should be long enough to cover your entire body, from shoulders to hips. Also, it needs to be broad enough to support your baby’s bottom and back.
- Lay the wrap across your shoulder, making sure the cloth is distributed evenly.
- Make sure the fabric is snug but not too tight when you wrap it over your back and under your arm.
- Cross the material in front of your body and raise it over the shoulder on the other side.
- If you’re using a ring sling, tie the fabric in a knot at the top of your shoulder or fasten it with a ring.
- Before putting your infant in the sling, make sure their head is above their chest so they can breathe easily and that their bottom is supported. By pulling on the fabric on either side of the body, you may change how tight the sling is.
The Advantages of a Stretchy Wrap
In Australia, a stretchy wrap is a convenient and cosy babywearing option. Using a stretchy wrap has a lot of advantages, including:
- Convenience for you and your infant. A flexible wrap appropriately distributes your baby’s weight so that you can wear them for extended periods of time without discomfort. The cloth is also mild and soft against your baby’s skin.
- Simple to use. Even if you’re alone, stretchy wraps are simple to put on and take off. You will be able to complete it quickly and effortlessly with a little practise.
- Suitable for infants from birth to about 12 months. Unlike some other carriers, a flexible wrap can be used from birth until your child is about 12 months old (or until they reach the maximum weight limit). As a result, it’s a fantastic choice for babies and young infants.
- Enables you to form a bond with your child. By keeping your baby close to your body while wearing them in a stretchy wrap, you can foster a stronger attachment with your child.
- Allows you to be hands-free. You can go about your daily business while holding your infant in a flexible wrap since you have your hands free.
What Stores Sell Stretchy Wraps
There are many places to buy stretchy wraps in Australia and The Zoe Sage Shop is one of the most well-liked locations to purchase a flexible wrap. This website sells goods for mums and babies. A variety of wraps and swaddles are available.
-Belly Beyond: This online retailer focuses on maternity and newborn supplies.
-Ergobaby: This online retailer focuses on baby carriers and other baby-related products.