You're using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser or activate Google Chrome Frame to improve your experience.
Job information for the Edwards and Co. apprenticeship below:
Assisting all colourists and stylists, making tea/coffee for clients, tidying the salon, full Hairdressing apprenticeship provided.
Short description of your ideal candidate:
Someone interested in the Hair & Beauty Industry, eager to learn and grow within our company.
Duration of position and expected hours a week:
Tues – Sat
38hrs per week which includes 1 x Training day on Tues
days in our Gold Coast salon where you will have education days with our educators for Edwards And Co.
Dependant on age and what year apprenticeship they will be applying. Edwards And Co also offers 5 x Weeks of annual leave per year to all staff members.
Best contact regarding employment:
WOODS CAFE BANGALOW
CAFE ASSISTANT – Full Time Traineeship gaining a Certificate 3 in Hospitality.
Full time – 38 hours per week
Key areas of responsibility:
- Serve customers efficiently with food and drink orders and take payments.
- Assist in preparation of cafe and counters before, during and at the end of service.
- Offer customers amazing standards of customer service and care.
The role includes:
- Demonstrating the highest standards of customer welcome and care when assisting customers at the counter and delivering orders to tables.
- Giving advice, guidance and recommendations on products and menu selection to customers to ensure a positive experience and repeat business.
- Ensuring adequate stock levels of supplies and consumables for café area, managing orders and stock rotation.
- Managing queues and meeting customer expectations, up sell to maximise profit.
- Service of hot and cold beverages, cakes and other food items.
- Keeping the areas tidy and clean including table clearing, removing dirties and waste.
- Handling customer complaints in the first instance and reporting feedback to the Managers.
- Working within established guidelines and operating procedures.
- Responsible for security (product and cash), taking payments accurately and be vigilant for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and creating displays.
- Ensuring compliance with all legislation, OH&S and food hygiene.
- Knowledge of till operation and cash handling.
- By the end of your traineeship you will be a trained and confident Barista
- Your will gain you Food Hygiene training / qualifications inclusive of Certificate 3 in Hospitality
The personal skills that is required for the job:
- Having a friendly and engaging personality, a good communicator, able to work under pressure.
- Comfortable working with members of the public, able to initiate conversations and provide a sincere welcome and enjoy providing good service.
- Need to be willing to learn, take instruction and work under own initiative, supporting other team members and able to multitask.
- Assistants will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift and carry trays and crockery, restocking shelves etc.
- You should have a comprehensive understanding of the menu and have a keen interest in local food and drink.
- An effective, well organised and efficient team player with a strong sense of discipline and urgency.
- Excellent standards of personal presentation smart appearance and articulate.
© Copyright Future Dreamers 2020 ABN 74 623 858 895